All classes include Pranayama (breathwork), Meditation and Relaxation. Classes are suitable for all levels of experience as variations, modifications and props are used to suit individual needs.
Targets the bones, joints, ligaments & the fascial networks through the body. Fascia is the connective tissue that pervades, nourishes, and holds together every part of the body. The stimulation of the fascia improves the energy flow of Chi via the meridian pathways. Poses are held for a longer period of time, encouraging the mind to be drawn inwards, inducing a relaxed, meditative state. The longer holding of postures allows the muscles to relax, which enables to joints to move to their fullest range of motion. The practice is quiet, still, and often challenging. Beneficial for all levels of experience and all traditions.
Yin / Yang Variations
Yin postures to balance and revitalise the mind and body. Moving Yang style sequences build strength & stamina, focusing on moving the blood & Chi. They are used to strengthen the legs & lower spine and/or strengthen the arms & torso.
A deep guided relaxation which encourages physical, mental and emotional relaxation. A resolve or resolution is used to focus one’s life in a particular direction. Yoga Nidra sessions are held during our monthly Sunday sessions.
A ‘One on One’ personal Yin Yoga session. The stretching is done with you as you lay down and are moved into long, deep stretches. A deeply relaxing and rejuvenating experience.
Personal Yoga sessions are used for a variety of reasons. Sometimes absolute beginners like to have a personal session prior to attending general class. These sessions are also used to fine tune your home practice, or addressing particular health concerns, or perhaps injury issues. A personal sequence based on the individual needs of the student is included.
What To Bring
- A sticky grip Yoga mat
- A towel to use as support during Yin postures
How to Prepare
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Try to avoid food for at least two hours prior to class
- Please arrive 10mins early to settle prior to class
- Classes begin with with a quiet period of relaxation or meditation
- If you are running late, be respectful of other students and enter quietly
- Inform us of any changes to your health or injuries not previously disclosed
- Please leave mobiles, and unnecessary personal items out of the Yoga room